- This event has passed.
FAITH OVER FEAR TRAINING – MAY 19 – JUNE 9
May 19 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This course is offered by Shoulder to Shoulder, a national multifaith organization committed to countering anti-Muslim discrimination in the United States.
Shoulder to Shoulder envisions an America where people of all faiths and cultural backgrounds are treated respectfully, fairly, and with dignity. We advance our vision by directly engaging faith leaders in the United States to be strategic partners in countering discrimination and violence against Muslims.
Our trainings aim to reduce and to counter anti-Muslim bias, discrimination, racism, and violence in the United States by working with faith and community leaders to:
- Improve skills (and confidence) to speak against anti-Muslim rhetoric and discrimination
- Increase community discussions to effectively counter anti-Muslim discrimination
- Build stronger local multi-religious networks.
NEXT VIRTUAL FAITH OVER FEAR TRAINING – MAY 19 – JUNE 9
Our online course brings together videos from some of our partners, online self-guided learning modules, and live sessions to connect with each other, the speakers, and our team. The course offers weekly gatherings and self-guided learning in between these live sessions.
The four live sessions will take place via Zoom:
- Module 1 Live Intro Session: Wednesday, May 19th, 7:00pm – 8:00pm ET
- Module 2 Live Session: Wednesday, May 26th, 7:00pm – 9:00pm ET
- Module 3 Live Session: Wednesday, June 2nd, 7:00pm – 9:00pm ET
- Module 4 Live Session: Wednesday, June 9th, 7:00pm – 9:00pm ET
We ask you to commit to attending all four live sessions. If these times do not work for you, please know that we will be offering our virtual training again in the future.