4th Annual Festival of Faiths Acknowledges "We are in it Together"
Registration is Open as Hundreds Sign-up for Online Events Starting Sunday, August 22nd at EquaSion.org
CINCINNATI, OH – July 26, 2021 – The 4th Annual Cincinnati Festival of Faiths, the signature program of the interfaith group EquaSion, is drawing hundreds of online participants for a 7-day program, August 22 through 28. This year’s theme, “Compassion Through Action: We are in it Together," will deliver a program filled with interfaith prayer, music, spiritual meditations, lunchtime webinars about faith, workshops for teachers and spiritual leaders, a panel discussion for youth, and more. Click Here
to view the entire 2021 schedule of programs.
In its fourth year and in response to the lingering threat of the pandemic, the Festival will again be presented virtually. More than 50 community leaders joined this year’s Festival of Faiths Co-Chairs Penny Pensak, Afreen Asif, Bishop Marvin Thomas Sr., and Jaipal Singh to create 15 events with broad appeal for communities of faith, families, and all individuals seeking inspiration from the collegial and respectful interfaith relations they will witness throughout the weeklong festival.
For the first time, the Festival is honoring a local individual as Honorary Chair of the Festival. To inaugurate this recognition, the EquaSion board selected James P. Buchanan, Ph.D., the recently retired Executive Director of the Brueggeman Center for Dialogue at Xavier University. Dr. Buchanan, a widely recognized scholar and civic leader, has devoted twenty years to promoting interfaith education, dialogue and collaboration both locally and nationally. He is currently the director of Interfaith Cincy and A Blessing to One Another and serves on the boards of numerous charitable organizations.
The Festival activities will again embrace the 30 faith communities and 13 world religions that have participated in previous festivals. A few highlights include:
- An Opening Interfaith Devotional involving prayers from more than a dozen religious traditions
- Spiritual Meditations practiced by 10 different faith traditions (3 sessions)
- Social Action workshop, ”Faith and Food: Moving from Insecurity to Sustainability"
- Compassionate Conversations: "What is the meaning of GRIT?"
- Workshop on "How to be a Sacred Activist for Racial Justice"
- Beloved Community Youth Panel Discussion on the topic of Food Insecurity
- “People Got to Be Free” – An Interfaith Celebration in Music, Song and Dance, followed by the Closing Interfaith Devotional on August 28th at 4:45 pm.
For a complete listing of events, days & times, and Zoom sign-up links for each, please visit https://www.equasion.org/festival-of-faiths/calendar-of-activities/
EquaSion is a nonpartisan civic association whose mission is to promote Compassion through Action: acting on our compassion, we engage people of all faiths to discover their shared humanity and spirituality, and to work together for an equitable and just community for all.
Its signature program is the Cincinnati Festival of Faiths. For more information on EquaSion’s interfaith community and the Cincinnati Festival of Faiths, visit www.equasion.org
Position Opening at InterfaithCincy.org Project Manager
Position is for 10-25 hours per week or as needed to help manage the website www.interfaithcincy.org
Salary: $15 per hour
This person would work with Judie Kuhlman and James Buchanan who manage the site.
1) Keeping website updated
2) Working with a wide diversity of faith communities to make sure they are using the website to let the greater community know of their events, etc.
3) Working on the Cincy Multifaith Calendar to keep it updated and to make changes as necessary. https://www.multi-faithcalendar.org/
Should have some history of work with diverse faith communities and a willingness to develop those relationships.
Must be familiar with WordPress Web program or other web programs and willing to learn how to use WordPress. Also MailChimp for the monthly Newsletter.
Send resume to Dr. James Buchanan at Buchananjp@xavier.edu
Faith Communities Go Green Invites You Join the Plastic-Free EcoChallenge
Green Umbrella’s Faith Communities Go Green Team invites you to take the Plastic Free EcoChallenge throughout the month of July!