'IJPC held a press conference with two YES members that have DACA and the President of Xavier University to remind Congress of their March 5 deadline to pass a clean Dream Act. At the event, three Sisters of Charity shared their experience in Washington DC this week with civil disobedience during a Catholic Day of Action for Dreamers. Watch the livestream on Facebook, and be sure to read the press release.
Continue calling Congress to pass a clean Dream Act:
- Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) 202-224-2315 (DC), 513-684-1021 (Cincinnati), email, tweet @SenSherrodBrown
- Senator Rob Portman (R-OH) 202-224-3353 (DC), 513-684-3265 (Cincinnati), email, tweet @senrobportman
- Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) 202-224-2541 (DC), 859-578-0188 (Ft. Wright), email, tweet @SenateMajLdr
- Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) 202-224-4343 (DC), 270-782-8303 (Bowling Green), email, tweet @RandPaul
- Representative Steve Chabot (R-OH-1) 202-225-2216 (DC), 513-684-2723 (Cincinnati), email, tweet @RepSteveChabot
- Representative Brad Wenstrup (R-OH-2) 202-225-3164 (DC), 513-474-7777 (Cincinnati), email, tweet @RepBradWenstrup
- Representative Thomas Massie (R-KY-4) 202-225-3465 (DC), 859-426-0080 (Crescent Springs), email, tweet @RepThomasMassie
IJPC's own José Cabrera stood next to Fr. Graham, SJ, president of Xavier University, who said, "Jose, you make Xavier University very proud because you are a young man living your life for and with others the way we urge all of our students to do." We'd have to agree!
Congress' March 5 deadline approaches on Monday. Although our efforts to pass a clean Dream Act will not stop, we invite you to gather for a prayer vigil to mark the day.
Prayer Vigil for a Clean Dream Act
Monday, March 5, at 5:00 p.m.
Outside Senator Rob Portman's Office
312 Walnut Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Corner of 3rd & Walnut
Join our Facebook event page.
Now is the time to show up and speak out. We must keep pressuring Congress to act. We need a permanent solution for DACA, and that solution is a clean Dream Act.'