'The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center (NURFC) has utilized the Town Hall model across the community to raise greater consciousness about social justice concerns. This forum will address race relations against the backdrop of Helen Suzman's efforts to abolish apartheid in South Africa (Helen Suzman was one of South Africa's most outspoken opponents of apartheid during her 36-year career (1953-1989) as a Member of Parliament).
The Town Hall has been organized by Christopher Miller, Manager of Program Initiatives at NURFC. Participants include:
- Sean Comer, Director of Government Relations at Xavier University
- Christina Brown, Community Outreach and Engagement Coordinator for the Cincinnati Human Relations Commission
- Leslie Mooney, Executive Director, Clifton Cultural Arts Center
- Lourdes Ribera, League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), Ohio State Director and Vice President of LULAC Cincinnati
- Sean Rugless, President and CEO, African American Chamber of Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky
- Sarah Weiss, Director, Jewish Community Relations Council and Executive Director, Center for Holocaust and Humanity Education
Reservations recommended. 513.487.3098. email@example.com '