Interfaith Cincy is committed to building a stronger Community through Interfaith Collaboration.
Green Cincinnati Plan Kick-Off
Be a part of making Cincinnati equitable, resilient and sustainable! The Green Cincinnati Plan has helped establish Cincinnati as a national leader in sustainability and an attractive destination for businesses and individuals. Adopted in 2008, and revised and readopted in 2013, the Green Cincinnati Plan presents a comprehensive set of recommendations for addressing global climate change as a city and region. The City of Cincinnati will soon begin a major update of the Green Cincinnati Plan to advance the sustainability, equity, and resilience of our city for the next five years.
DATE: THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2017
TIME: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
LOCATION: Cincinnati Zoo
Harold Schott Education Center
ABOUT THE KICK-OFF:
This is the first of three facilitated task team meetings that will develop recommendations to implement over the next five years. At this first meeting, attendees will come together to learn the background of the project, including an overview of Cincinnati's success and accomplishments since the 2013 Green Cincinnati Plan. Following the overview, we will break into task teams to begin developing the initial set of recommendations for each of the subject areas. Each task team will be facilitated and staffed with a note taker. The next two meetings will be scheduled over the next four months.
Task Teams topics will include:
- Energy (including energy conservation and renewable energy)
- Transportation (including increased fuel efficiency, alternative fuels, mass transit, and bike/ped)
- Waste minimization, reuse, and recycling
- Built environment (including green buildings and more efficient patterns of development)
- Food (including the local food economy and food choices that reduce climate impacts)
- Natural ecosystems (including greenspace, water and air)
- Education and outreach (focused on driving behavior change)
- Resilience (including efforts to prepare Cincinnati for the changes in the local climate and weather patterns)
PARA REGISTRARSE O INFORMACION EN ESPAÑOL, POR FAVOR LLAME AL (513) 295-7241 O MANDE UN CORREO A FLEQUER@SUSTAINERGY.COOP
Visit GreenCincinnatiPlan.com or contact Ollie Kroner, Sustainability Coordinator, at 513-352-6992, to learn more about the Green Cincinnati Plan update process and the progress the city has made on reducing greenhouse gas emissions, improving access to green energy, increasing the number of LEED certified buildings and more.
The Mission of OES is to lead Cincinnati City Government and the broader community toward sustainability and the practice of good environmental stewardship.